Krokrobite beach on Easter, March 24


Back in Accra, I unloaded some 8 pounds off my back, stuff I most likely won`t need such as sleeping bag, sleeping mat, water pump and some clothes that were just too hot. I also got myself some nice clothes for my evening strolls through towns. On Easter day, Nana, Tuba and I went to Krokrobite beach and I had never seen so many people in one spot. There must have been 200,000 people swimming, playing and even boxing on that beach. Later in the afternoon, we went dancing at a beach club playing Ghana hiphop. I had so much fun with the boys as men love to dance together in packs! I invited some girls to dance with us and it got pretty steamy! Only after we left did Tuba tell me that these were "club girls", out to get the tourists! The trotro ride back was absolutely nuts, on a road packed with honking buses and cars (see video clip)
On my last day in Accra, I realized that I`ve had enough of the city, its noise and pollution. As much as I have had a wonderful time with all the people I met and hung out with, I feel like I got a bit distracted from my purpose.
So I am back in Ho, in the Volta Region, and heading north from here towards Burkina Faso. My heart is doing well and I am having many insights about acceptance and being in the moment-the true gift of Africa! I keep trying to "plan" my journey but everything seems to point in the direction of just trusting and opening to what everyday has to offer. I feel softer and gentler by the day. Maybe Africa is really doing me! (see slide show of the day)

No comments: