Atimpoku, April 15


In a few weeks, I got to experience a wide range of the Ghanaean culture and feel very satisfied with my journey. I did not speak much of my inner experiences as I wanted to sink in the spirit of the land and let go of many of the concepts and preoccupations that permeate my western mind. I also experienced a lot of physical ailments from rashes to extremely achy joints to constipation, all of which challenged me deeply. I accepted all these symptoms as part of the healing and initiation that I came to seek on this continent. At times, I felt so tired that I could barely walk. Othertimes, I couldn`t find food I felt comfortable eating. Being here isn`t easy. The heat, humidity, dust and pollution in the cities take a toll on my system. But it opens my heart to the needs of developing countries. I feel softened by many of what I have seen and felt here. Today, I prayed that my last two weeks be filled with joy and celebration as my colon is slowly regaining its flow...I am thankful to be here. I am thankful to have so much.

No comments: