Healing My Liver, Lyon, Feb. 22


Ever since I arrived in Europe, my vitality had been slumping. After the usual recovery from jetlag and adjustment to a new (and rich !) diet, my energy kept getting more and more sluggish. I gave myself ample room to go slow and begin a journey of healing, but I started navigating through some very strange states. Besides my body being less than cooperative (tiredness as well as muscle and joint aches), my mind was also going toward a blank . I felt kinda lost, unable to make any decisions regarding where to go next on this trip. Many times, I contemplated returning to the US because I felt so weak I did not feel fit to travel to Africa. I had never felt so vulnerable before.

Was the deep healing that I was seeking manifesting in this way, taking me first through a descent full of anxiety, physical pains, doubt and confusion ? At times, it was as if I was in a strange dream. Everything in me was slow, hazy and empty of meaning.

Not having to do too much, I laid low, read, slept and napped copiously. Be patient and kind with yourself I was told. So I did ! In six weeks, things kept getting worse. I started suspecting a candida overgrowth as my diet had been rich in bread, cheese and, you know, French pastries !

An osteopath was visiting my friend Lala, with whom I am staying in Lyon, so I decided to have a session with her. For nearly two hours, she worked on me, trying to bring heat to my freezing feet and get my energy moving again. She mentioned, from the information I gave her during the intake interview, that my liver was probably dumping toxins and was creating the tiredness.

At that time, a light bulb went on ! Two months ago I got vaccinated for yellow fever, thyphoid, polio, tetanus,, hepatitis and meningitis. Vaccins are hard on the liver and I hadn’t really done anything to help my system cope with the toxicity.

That night, I did some research on Google and set out to the health food store in the morning to get : Black radish, Dandelion, Ginger, Milk Thistle, Rosemary, as well as homeopathic Thuya to help eliminate the aluminum that the vaccines contain.

Well guess what ? After one coktail of the wonderous substances, I felt my joy, clarity and energy immediately come back !

I finally was able to make a decision for my next destination and booked a ticket for Ghana for March 8th.

It has been a very humbling experience to say the least !

No comments: