Sponsor a Local Ghanaean Band!


I`ve had the pleasure to meet some young and talented musicians in Accra whose band "Sea Water" is trying to cut their first CD. I attended several of their rehearsals and was deeply moved by their sincerity, heart and discipline. They work with minimal equipment (I had to buy them an electrical power strip because theirs was worn out!) and they borrow most of their instruments from friends. I wish to help them buy some decent equipment, in particular a keyboard, an amp and mixing board for their vocals, and a drum kit. I should be able to purchase all that they need for less than $750. If you wish to help contribute to this drive, please send check to: Mali Piottin, 1552 N. 128th St. Seattle, WA 98133 or use my Paypal account. See the band and hear some of their music (video clip 1 and video clip 2) Sorry about the poor quality of the videos but their rehearsal place has no light!





No comments: